- managed to drink a cup of tea by herself and receive a good Word from the Lord right before feeling the vibrations from the youngest of footsteps signaling the end of devotion time and the start of another great and grateful day.
- watched a baby boy haphazardly put on his own diaper. Such a determined little guy he is. "I do it" he says, as he sits on the diaper and tries to figure it out, forbidding any Mommy assistance. I'll just wait it out.
- filled up on yesterday's labor by eating leftover oatmeal banana bread for breakfast and Everyday WHO bread for lunch.
- indulged in my favorite summer salad for dinner
Rice and Bean Salad
2 cups of cooked white rice
1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed
1 large tomato, chopped
2 tbsps cilantro, finely choped
2 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
2 tbsps seasoned rice vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
combine all ingredients, best served at room temperature
- removed two deeply hidden spoons from the chocolate milk powder canister. Little sneakers! Well actually not. A Mommy just loves, that at this age they're clumsy chocolate stealths and never make an attempt to wipe off their brown ridden little faces.
- applied a band-aid to a two month old injury because baby boy was jealous his older sister got to wear one.
- got a little exhausted arbitrating a war over who would get to play with ALL the trucks. Division doesn't seem to be in the minds of passionate, truck obsessed, testerone filled boys.
- had to explain to a bubble loving daughter that one doesn't pour out the whole bottle of shampoo into the tub because not only is it wasteful but Momma's can't make daily trips to the drugstore. Received a promise it would never happen again. Now her word is written and published!
- sat with three amazingly well-behaved children through a two hour long graduation ceremony for their cousin. Feeling proud and relieved it went so well.
- declared the Pledge of Allegiance with my children and taught them how to put their right hand over their heart, something this homeschooling family doesn't get a chance to do often enough.
- delighted in the sunset from our living room window. Unfortunately it can't be shared tonight, the photo library is full and it can't accept more downloads from the camera. Which reminds me, must make a reservation at Apple's genius bar for help on that.
- feels like crashing and having the kids put me to bed!